I've had many of you ask about the pumpkin trifle so here ya go! It was cute and delicious so definitely give this one a try for your next fall gathering.
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and allspice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg, beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. When completely cooled, crumble the cake. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in pumpkin and spices until well blended.
- Next you can either layer in a trifle bowl doing crumbs, pudding, frozen whipped cream and then REPEAT or you can do what I did and use mason jars... (www.tasteofhome.com)
After everything is baked and prepared, set out everything you will need in a a little assembly line. This recipe filled about 12 small to medium size mason jars.
Just start layering! Put cake crumbs in the bottom.
Pumpkin pudding next
Cool Whip next and then Repeat until you run out of room
And Ta Da!!! Make a cute topper for your mason jar and tie some raffia or cute ribbon around the jar and you will have one cute and tasty dessert!